IIHF WORLD HOCKEY CHAMPIONSHIP 2023
DRAW FOR THE RIGHT TO PURCHASE DAY TICKETS
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: When and where will the 2023 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship take place?
A: The 2023 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship will take place in Tampere (Finland) and Riga (Latvia) from 12 May to 28 May 2023.
- Q: Where will the Latvian national team play?
A: The Latvian national team games of the preliminary round and (if qualified) the quarter-finals will take place at Arena Riga in Riga.
- Q: Why is there a lottery for the purchase of ticket rights?
A: Taking into account the potential demand for tickets to the Latvian national team games, as well as to avoid possible fraud, a decision has been made to determine the right to purchase tickets by lottery, thus ensuring equal opportunities for all interested parties to attend the games.
Any interested person can register for the lottery from 22 September 2022 until 12 October 2022. The draw for the winners will take place on 13 October 2022.
- Q: What tickets will be available for lottery winners?
A: The winners of the lottery will have the chance to buy up to six day tickets for the 2023 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Group B games. As part of the lottery, day tickets will only be available for the days on which the Latvian national team games are taking place.
- Q: What does the term “day ticket” mean?
A: A day ticket entitles one person to attend all games taking place on a given date. Each ticket can be used for 2 or 3 games, depending on the day for which the ticket is purchased. The games scheduled can be found on the website: https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2023/wm/schedule.
- Q: How will I find out about my lottery winnings?
A: All winners will receive a prize notification and information on how to purchase tickets in the e-mail address provided when registering for the draw.
- Q: If I win the prize draw, will I be able to buy tickets for individual games?
A: No. Winners of the draw will only be able to purchase day tickets.
- Q: How many times can I register for the draw?
A: Each interested person is entitled to register for the draw once.
- Q: If I don’t win the lottery, will I be able to attend Latvian national team games?
A: Yes. Day tickets will be sold in 3 phases:
- Phase 1 of ticket sales will take place between 15 October 2022 and 27 October 2022. During this period, the lottery winners will be entitled to purchase tickets.
- Phase 2 of ticket sales will take place between 28 October 2022 and 4 November 2022. During this period, all lottery entrants who have registered for the draw but have not won the draw will be entitled to purchase the day tickets not previously sold.
- Phase 3 of ticket sales will take place from 10 November 2022. On this date, tickets not previously purchased will go on sale and can be purchased by anyone, regardless of their participation in the draw.
- Q: If I win a lottery, am I obliged to buy tickets?
A: No, winning the lottery does not oblige you to buy tickets. Unsold tickets will be available for sale in Phase 2.
- Q: If I haven’t found the answer to my question, who do I contact?
A: Regarding the draw, please contact the company “SOMESE Baltic” by writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding the purchase of tickets, please contact the ticket seller “PASSPORTIX” by writing an e-mail email@example.com.